I have been blessed to have a very interesting life up to this point. I have been able to do things and go places that most people will never get to in their lifetime.
I had the honor of studying abroad in London, England for a month while in college. While on that trip I got to see things that are forever burned into my memory. The list of amazing things I got to do and experience while there is a pretty long one (I plan to do a post about it sometime in the future). While in college I also got to be an intern for Clear Channel Radio in Lexington. I got to see behind the scenes of the biggest radio stations in Kentucky; 100.1 WKQQ, MIX 94.5, 98.1 The Bull, and 104.5 The Cat. I was even on 100.1 WKQQ on the Dead Air Dennis show…it was pretty awesome.
Anyway, the way I see it is that I have got to experience so much in my short life that if I never got to do any of the things on my bucket list I would be okay. But what fun is that? I want to live and experience things that interest me. As you will soon realize a great deal of my list involves traveling. I LOVE traveling. I love experiencing new cultures…it’s a rush! So… if I listed every place I would like to travel to then you’d be here awhile…..the list would be endless. To be honest I would love to travel everywhere!
Most people have things like skydiving, flying an airplane, and rock climbing on their bucket list. I have never had the want to do things like that. I suffer from what is known as wanderlust…..which is a strong desire to travel.
I have compiled a list of things I would really like to do and places I would like to go. These are on the top of my forever long bucket list.
- Go back to London and take my husband (actually anywhere in the UK would be fine with me)
- Go another cruise only this time go with my husband
- Watch the ball drop in Times Square
- Be a live studio audience member of a daytime show (like the Ellen Degeneres or Rachael Ray show)
- Throw a dart on a map and travel to that place (can be anywhere in the world)
- Pay for a strangers groceries
- Set foot on all 7 continents
- Go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Visit a chocolate factory and take a behind the scenes tour (maybe I will be good and get the factory just like Charlie did haha)
- Attend Bastille Day in Paris again and take my husband (you can’t pass up a dance party at the Eiffel Tower…psst…it sure was fun)
- Visit all 50 states
- Attend the Kentucky Derby (yes I am embarrassed to say that I have never been)
- Be a movie extra
- Have my own business (a girl can hope right)
- Eat at a five star restaurant
- Run a marathon (it will be a lonnnngggg time before this can happen)
- Go bear hunting (I have no clue why but I really really want to do this)
As you can tell most the things on my bucket list have to do with traveling. Traveling is expensive but so amazing. So “Kirstie’s Travel Fund” is now accepting donations. Haha….just kidding….but seriously ;).
Do you have a bucket list? If so what kinds of activities are on it?