A year has come and gone and I don’t feel like I am much farther from where I began. I know, I know, I know I am miles away from where I was with my first post. But I want MORE! I want more readers, more Facebook followers, more Twitter followers, more followers on Instagram, more shares, more, more, more.
But isn’t that how life goes? We are never happy with what we have. Blogging is difficult. It’s not a walk in the park like most people think. For the effort and dedication, I want to be able to see that people actually care about what I have to say. I want my posts to actually get out there and people actually read them.
Last week I discussed my one year blogiversary with the post, TSP’s Late Blogiversary + A Giveaway!! (the giveaway is still live for a few more days by the way! Head on over and enter a chance to win a beautiful druzy necklace). I discussed how my first year went, what I learned, and where I would like to go next.
This week I am elaborating and extending where I would like to see my blog this time next year.
For year two of blogging I would love to see the following things happen:
- Be able to write a featured post on at least two other blogs
- Significantly increase my social media followers
- Become more well known in the blogging world
- Be seen more seriously as a blogger by fellow bloggers
- Improve my posting schedule
- Get a blogging bf (someone who knows the struggles and can hold me accountable while also being encouraging)—applications are currently being taken (haha only kidding)
- Spend more time on my blog (This is the most important one in my eyes!)
- Develop a more specific niche for The Southern Pearl (I am kind of all over the place right now)
- Attend a blogging conference/webinar (I would much rather attend a conference—I’d get to travel)
- Secure at least two sponsored posts (I’m shooting for a ton more though)
- Finally, become a better overall blogger. This will take time, dedication, motivation, and just down right blood, sweat, and tears (okay that may be a tad dramatic)
I LOVE blogging. It is something that I thoroughly enjoy and do for me. So of course I want to be the best blogger I can. I want to deliver awesome blog posts to my readers. I want to be a blogger that people can relate to and enjoy reading.
So here’s to another year of blogging. May I be able to complete all 11 tasks and be the best blogger I can in 2017!
Can you help me achieve any of the 11 tasks mentioned above? Want to have a hand in helping me succeed? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I’d love to work with you :).